DreamHost is one of the largest and most established hosting companies. They have been operating since 1997 and have grown to serve more than 1.5 million websites worldwide. DreamHost has remained independently owned for decades and fosters core values, such as a 100% uptime guarantee, to better serve both customers and developers.
They offer Free Whois Privacy, Unlimited Additional Domains, subdomains and SQL database and the most important to everyone who wants to test the hosting is that they offer 97 days money back guarantee. They will also credit you a day’s service for every hour of interrupted service.
DreamHost has won the PCMag Readers’ Choice Award for best business hosting for the past 3 years. They rated high in reader surveys for their reliability and tech support.
Here’s a quick overview of Dreamhost’s hosting plans:
- Shared Hosting: Dreamhost offers one simple shared hosting plan that costs $7.95 per month. Their shared hosting plan is powered by SSDs.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Their managed WordPress hosting costs $19.95 per month (billed annually). It comes with 30GB SSD storage.
- VPS Hosting: Their VPS hosting starts at $15 per month (with 1GB RAM and 30GB SSD storage) and can cost up to $120 per month (with 8GB RAM and 240GB SSD storage). All their VPS plans come with unlimited bandwidth and allow support for unlimited domain names.
- Dedicated Hosting: Their dedicated server starts at $149 per month and can cost up to $379 per month. For $149 per month, you will get 4 cores, 1TB HDD, and 4GB RAM. Their dedicated servers come with full root and shell access, unlimited MySQL databases, RAID-1 storage, Ubuntu Linux, 1-Click WordPress installer, unlimited bandwidth and DDoS protection.
- 100% uptime
- Unlimited bandwidth and data transfer
- Lots of security features
- Every DreamHost plan includes one free domain registration plus domain privacy
- 97-day money-back guarante
- Ticket and Live Chat option only. No Phone Support
- Dreamhost is ~2x more expensive